This educational and interactive program features a panel including experts in the addiction treatment field, ethical prescribers, and those who have experienced an addiction to prescription drugs.
It is vital that we come together as a community and learn all we can about opioids, both prescribed (such as Vicodin) and illicit (such as heroin), and their potential for addiction.
Together we can:
• become informed health care consumers
• develop language we can use with prescribers
• understand who is vulnerable to opioid dependence
• break through the stigma that keeps people from seeking treatment
• address pain management
• hear real stories about opioid addiction and recovery