Shining a Light on the Opioid Epidemic
Kim Porter, CFRS
This educational and interactive program features a panel including experts in the addiction treatment field, ethical prescribers, and those who have experienced an addiction to prescription drugs.
It is vital that we come together as a community and learn all we can about opioids, both prescribed (such as Vicodin) and illicit (such as heroin), and their potential for addiction.
Together we can:
• become informed health care consumers
• develop language we can use with prescribers
• understand who is vulnerable to opioid dependence
• break through the stigma that keeps people from seeking treatment
• address pain management
• hear real stories about opioid addiction and recovery
↓View the PowerPoints associated with this program.↓
E. Steven Moriconi, DMD, FACD, FICD, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and Chief of the Dental Division and Dental Residency Program Director of Abington Hospital
The Commonwealth Prevention Alliance Campaign to Stop Opiate Abuse