Join Our Team!
Job Description: Fundraising Manager
Be a Part of the Conversation is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) fundraising manager to help us advance our mission of building awareness around substance use, misuse, and addiction, and supporting individuals and families impacted by the disease.
This is an immediate opening for a fundraising professional with experience working with local Delaware Valley foundations and other nonprofit organizations. Candidate must have two years of successful grant writing experience and two references related to fundraising. Familiarity with the topics surrounding substance use disorder and recovery are a plus but not required.
- An accomplished and experienced grant writer.
- Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations.
- Assist with: solicitations to existing and potential donors, thank you letters to contributors, and our annual fundraising event.
- Manage donor database including data entry.
- Oversee stewardship of individual, corporate and foundation major donors including providing timely written reports and oral updates.
- Recommend fundraising opportunities and increase regional awareness of our organization.
- Create one-year and three-year grants calendars.
- Use various social media networks to build audience based on demographics.
- An accomplished writer, proficient at directing and managing a competitive grant application.
- Strong computer/IT skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing skills, and be able to build relationships with donors, staff and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to work independently, manage several projects concurrently, and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to build long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers.
- Ability to represent Be a Part of the Conversation’s mission and vision in a clear and compelling way.
- Ability to manage budgets and meet fundraising targets.
- Ability to create multiple funding streams, including an annual membership campaign.
- An interest in, and commitment to, our mission is essential.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kim Porter: email@example.com
Job type: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Annual compensation: $30,000
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Grant Writer, minimum of 2 years
About Be a Part of the Conversation
Be a Part of the Conversation is a nonprofit organization that creates dialogues about substance use and its impact on individuals and their families. Through guest speakers, panels, educational workshops, and parent support meetings, the Conversation involves all members of the community to foster open communication about a subject that is often shrouded in fear and shame. The Conversation aims to remove stigma in order to clear the way for a culture of support and growth. Founded in 2011, we now serve communities in five Pennsylvania counties: Montgomery, Chester, Bucks, Delaware and Philadelphia.