Join us for a very important conversation about our nation’spublic health crisis.
This educational and interactive program will feature a panel including experts in the addiction treatment field, ethical prescribers, and those who have experienced an addiction to prescription drugs who have also been impacted by this national health crisis. All are welcome. It is vital that we come together as a community and learn all we can about opioids, both prescribed (such as Vicodin) and illicit (such as heroin), and their potential for addiction.
Together we will:
- become informed health care consumers
- develop language we can use with prescribers
- understand who is vulnerable to opioid dependence
- break through the stigma that keeps people from seeking treatment
- address pain management
- hear real stories about opioid addiction and recovery