• Why is addiction a brain disease and not a choice?
• What are the signs and behaviors that someone is abusing drugs/alcohol?
• Can a mental illness play a part in someone’s addiction?
• What are the different treatment steps?
• How can family members help themselves so that they will be able to provide meaningful support to their loved one struggling with addiction?
• What is Naloxone (Narcan) used for? Who should have it? How do you get it? How do you use it?
• Is the attitude of law enforcement changing towards prosecuting people with the disease of addiction?
• Pennsylvania Legislative Update
Registration: 9 a.m.
Forum: 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Expo: 11:30 am. to 1 p.m.
Donations of new socks and underwear, and non-perishable snacks like pop-tarts and granola bars, will be accepted on behalf of Angels in Motion to support their outreach programs for those struggling with addiction.